Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I need some really good recipe's on some shish kabobs. anything chicken, beef, shrimp thanks!!?

Do a combo of beef, chicken, mushrooms, green pepper, onion, and pineapple. Cut into chunks. Put in a large ziplock. Mix Teriaki baste and glaze


with some garlic powder. Pour into bag. Squeeze out the air. Marinate for 3 hours. Soak wooden sticks in water for 30 minutes. Preheat the grill. Put meat combo on skewers. Cook on grill until done, basting often with teriaki.I need some really good recipe's on some shish kabobs. anything chicken, beef, shrimp thanks!!?
At this site there is a recipe for ';build your own....';





http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/鈥?/a>I need some really good recipe's on some shish kabobs. anything chicken, beef, shrimp thanks!!?
Swordfish, lemon pieces, green pepper, and baste with lemon juice.
We make shrimp kebabs all the time. One of my favorites is what we call the spicy pink. I make it often, so I will give you the basics, but nothing is exact, the recipe is out there somewhere, but I make it so often I don't use it anymore. I like to let the marinade marinate overnight, then I marinate the shrimp for no more than 1/2 hour. Skewer and grill or broil. They only need about 2 - 3 minutes per side.





Mix together:


1 can of coconut milk


1 tbsp. of vegetable oil


2 tbsp. of red curry pasts


The rest are approximations


1/4 c. each fresh diced cilantro, red onion and lime juice (generally I just use 1 fresh lime), and rice wine vinegar


A little salt and pepper





This marinade you can use on beef or chicken, it carmelizes so nicely. Again, the recipe out there buy I make it by eye.





The key is that you use equal parts soy sauce, brown sugar and oil. Generally I use about 1/4 c. of each. Then I add about 1 tbsp. each black pepper, red chili flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder.





I cut the meat in bite sized cubes then I poke it heavily with a fork and in the marinade it goes overnight. Skewer and grill or broil them basting them frequently with the marinade. When they come out they should be nicely browned and slightly sticky. As soon as they come out sprinkle on some fresh chopped scallions, let them cool slightly before you eat them. These really do need a minute for the juices to settle and give the scallions a chance to stick on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment