Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Chicken Casserole - which recipe do you reckon would be nicer?

This one ......


http://www.greatbritishchicken.co.uk/recipes/comfort_food/ChickenRedWindCasserole.aspx


...or this one....


http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4380/very-quick-chicken-casserole


...or should I combine the two?


Thanks everyone!Chicken Casserole - which recipe do you reckon would be nicer?
I think the 1st one looks nicest. Why not try the both of them and then you will know?Chicken Casserole - which recipe do you reckon would be nicer?
I like the first one but it would depend on your tastes. The first might have more flavor, the second seems a little bland to me. Your question of nicer is confusing to me though. Did you mean to eat or serve? Is it for company? I guess it doesn't matter because I would still go with the first. lol





Do NOT buy cooking wine though. It is way too salty and tastes like crap. You don't need to spend big bucks on the wine but get a fairly decent one and drink a glass while you cook! lol Or get Marsala. That always goes great with chicken dishes. I've used Sherry in place of Marsala in a pinch and that turned out well too.
to me #1 looks and sounds more appetizing...... of course it all depends on your own personal taste......


i love to cook with wine..... just make sure you use a red wine that you would drink also.... normally you cannot taste the wine in any dish unless you use a lot and of course the alcohol cooks off......


also... i prefer to use portabella mushrooms in any recipe that calls for mushrooms....





Good Eating............. :)









Go with number one, sounds interesting, with a lot of diverse flavours. but use thighs instead of drumsticks. Trim any white, fatty parts. Add a couple of sage and a quarter cup basil leaves. You might want to add a bit of Indian Chili, diced very fine, or if you're into spicy, cut in some 1/4 inch pieces..



The great british chicken recipe. It looks better and the ingredients are more appetizing. The second recipe is too bland for me.
Personally, I think #2 looks better. I like cooking with wine - marsala and white - but I really dislike cooking with regular red wine. It think it tastes icky.






2 actually looks like a casserole so I would go with that one. The other one just looks like it needs to go on a plate.
The first one looks better for one and I think the ingredients are wonderful. I would not combine them.
I like number two best.





No matter what cooks/chefs say, I can always taste wine in foods. I do not care for that taste at all.





  • bowel cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment